I cleaned up the spindle and control arm and stuff and gave it a little spray paint. It doesn’t look great but it looks better than rust. Hopefully in the future it will all be replaced with new performance parts.
So after getting the front brakes finished and replacing a coupling in the brake line the car was finally safe to drive. So I drove it. It ran stinky and it overheated again. So I ordered a new aluminum radiator.
And it cools much better. It hasn’t overheated yet but it does start to get hot after idling for a while so I ordered a fan shroud. I’ve been driving the car around for a couple of days and sorting out little things. I spent a couple hours yesterday welding the leaks in the exhaust system. I got it pretty well sealed up but the mufflers are junk so it’s still too loud. The vacuum advance is still not working right but I’ve decided to replace the entire distributor and coil and put in an electronic ignition. That will probably be my project for next month. But right it it’s drivable and that’s a good thing. So enjoy a few pictures of the road ready mustang.