The hood had been bugging me ever since I painted it. The paint was light and splotchy on the sides and worse than that, the stripes on the back end didn’t quite line up with the stripes on the cowl. It was just driving me crazy every time I looked at it so I took the hood off and started sanding it down for a repaint. The underside of the trunk lid needed painting too so I thought I’d get it all done in one long day.
After finishing the hood I got down to installing the gauges. I need to know if the engine is trying to cook itself. I think it may have some overheating problems. I haven’t run the engine long enough to check for overheating since I installed the gauges but the oil pressure is very good and the volts are good so that’s a relief.
Oh yeah. I also painted the air cleaner cover. It was black and crusty and I just couldn’t stand looking at any longer. As you can see I haven’t done anything else with the engine compartment yet. I plan on painting the valve covers to match the body color. Eventually when I yank the engine out I’ll do the whole compartment right.
After I finished up mounting the hood I thought it was time to give the front end a little attitude.
Nothing adds a little attitude like hood locks.