Yup. Been working on the car again. Got a few things done. Even put the new 289 emblems on the fenders. Before we get into the front end let’s see what’s going on with the other end.
I made an insulated panel that fits between the rear seat and the trunk. I thought it might help with sound deadening and heat insulation.
I had to make a new panel for the rear deck. As you can see it has cut-outs for my new speakers.
This is the panel as I prepared to cover it with the 3M 1080 vinyl. You’ll have to wait to see the finished product.
Yup. I put the pitted old mirror back up. Budget restraints you see.
I spent one very hot evening installing the rear floor carpet and new seat belts. I kind of like doing this interior work.
After I finished the carpet I put the side panels and rear seat in.
And here we have the finished rear speaker deck. It was actually installed before the carpet. You might also notice the rear window.
I installed the rear window at some point. Don’t really remember exactly when – sometime before the rear speaker panel was installed.
Hey, look at that. It has a front end. Wonder how that got there. Oh yeah, all work and no play, that must be it.