It’s been a long time since the last post so it’s time for an update. I got a little burned out and didn’t spend as much time in the garage as usual over the last couple of months. Most of the work has been just your ordinary body work.
A lot of time was spent with body filler and primer just getting everything straight and filling some minor dings and such. In the photo above you can see the areas where I’ve been sanding and then re-applying primer. That side is now ready for final sanding and paint as is most of the rest of the body.
The last few days I spent working on valence panels and interior parts trying to get them ready for paint.
This is my new spray gun which I was very anxious to test out. On Saturday I bought all the paint and clear for the car and then prepped all the interior stuff for paint. I’m happy to report that I was able to make good use of the spray gun today and got all the interior stuff finished. The gun worked great and I really liked the paint and clear too.
The interior rear quarters turned out nice. They have that stamped texture on them and considering how rusted they were I think they look great. All in all it was a pretty good day of painting. With any luck the rest of the car will be painted in a few weeks.