WELLS & QUARTERS & WISHING IT WAS DONE

This weekend we worked on the quarter panel patch and the inner wheel well. We started by trimming the patch panel and the quarter panel opening. After a little measuring and cutting and bending the panel fit in place nicely.

However, before the patch panel could be welded in place there was a little problem with the inner wheel well.

As you can see it was a nasty, rusty mess.

See? That’s a mess that had to be dealt with. I started at the bottom right and cut out a rusty section and fabricated a new piece and welded it in.

I just continued to cut and replace one section at a time.

The process went smoothly and fairly quick.

Before long it was finished.

The photo above shows the wheel well all welded and the cleaned up window compartment. There’s still a few more hours to go on the wheel well before the patch panel can be welded. The new steel needs to be primed and seam sealed and the inside of the well also needs to be cleaned up and primed and sealed. But best of all, we did it with no injuries.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: